ENERGY & WATER
October 21 @ 9:00 - 10:30
Maritime Ports on Islands – Policy & Green Solutions
Low-emission transport solutions for islands are a key element for their greening. We have already 2400 inhabited in the EU and many more world-wide. Most vessels, (local) boats, buses, cars, in fact all modes of transport have to be de-carbonised and pollution in general has to stop. There is a lot to do.
In this session we will focus on 2 elements in the territorial context of the European Union:
- What is the transport policy in general and in particular for islands, and
- How can islands benefit from dedicated projects and funding?
Many practical solutions have already been found elsewhere and only require adaptation. In addition, several islands often face similar problems and may benefit from jointly managed projects or joint tendering to reduce admin and costs per involved island. Consequently a series of good practices are presented to illustrate the value of collaboration. The EU territory serves only as an example to concretely arrive at solutions, which possibly could be adapted to other islands, perhaps anywhere.
Concrete up-to-date policy measures as well as open calls for proposals for islands will be presented. Furthermore, the experience gained in concrete, outstanding projects on H2, ultra-charging and bio-LNG will be shown. Finally leading experts and project managers will outline their vision and planning for the coming years.
This session can by far not present all solutions and ideas but intends to serve as a welcome and starting point to all islanders (& supporters) how wish to come on board and start networking with some of the leading experts and managers for greening our world.
- Gianni Chianetta – Director, Greening the Islands
09.05 Introduction & Moderation
- Helmut Morsi – Expert for New Technologies & Financing
09.15 Port Policy of the European Commission
- José Fernandez-Garcia – Port Policy, DG-MOVE, European Commission
09.25 Hydrogen for Islands – EU Policy and Financial Support
- Bart Biebuyck – Executive Director, Fuel-Cell Hydrogen Joint Undertaking
09.35 ENEL-X Innovation for Islands – Strategy and Financial Support
- Representative Transport Division, ENEL-X, Italy
09.45 Presentation of Projects
- The AquaVentus Initiative – H2 Economy for Helgoland & the European North Sea
- Jörg Singer – Major, Helgoland Island, Chairman AquaVentus.org, Germany
- Ultra-charging projects for EVs across Europe – Possible adaptations for islands
- Amit Yudan – Managing Director Ardan GmbH, Austria
- Innovative large vessels serving Sardinia, Sicily and Malta
- Paul Kyprianou – External Relations Manager, Grimaldi Group, Italy
- H2 and electric vessels for the Cyclades Islands – Greek islands – Electric & bioLNG ferries
- Panayotis Zacharioudakis – Managing Director OceanFinance, Greece
10.15 Round table with the Speakers
10.30 End of the webinar