Join the GTI Observatory as an
Joining the GTI Observatory as an island member means to be part of a global network of islands committed to become zero-emission, have access to webinars on the most innovative island solutions.
Fee: Free of charge
Grouping islands with similar needs
Replying to a questionnaire the island member will be grouped with other islands with similar needs to join forces in finding solutions and sharing best practices.
Free tickets to a number of webinars on the most suitable circular economy solutions for islands.
GTI reserved area
Reserved area of the GTI portal where to find information related to policies, legislation and innovative solutions for islands on water, energy, waste and mobility sectors.
logo in the membership area of the website and in the GTI communication.
STEP 1: Read the contract
Hereby with this private agreement, to be used for all legal purposes, between the company Greening the Islands S.r.l. with registered office in Palermo, postal code 90144, Via Giuseppe Sciuti 112, VAT number 09800890965, legally represented by Gianni Chianetta (hereinafter “Greening the Islands”) and “Island Member – Entry”)
- Greening the Islands is an innovative company that carries out activities of research, scientific studies and analysis, strategy, planning, communication and dissemination of innovative solutions and best practices in the field of the green economy aimed at sustainable development and enhancement of the islands and remote locations;
- Islands are ideal laboratories where testing solutions to face Climate Change as well as new economic and lifestyle models for this and next generations
- In 2015, Greening the Islands set up the Greening the Islands Observatory (hereinafter “GTI Observatory”) to support the self-sufficiency and sustainability of the islands through the identification of island needs and solutions, support the origination and development of projects and plans in a circular economy and integrated sustainability concept, with the involvement and endorsement of all key island stakeholders and with the contribution of the leader solution providers from all over the world.
- The GTI Observatory promotes the cooperation for the self-sufficiency and sustainability of islands of institutions, citizens, business and academia that take part to focus groups operating through on-line meetings and producing reports, workshops, webinars, etc. to address strategies and policies, building capacity through training, originate projects and disseminate best practices.
- The Island Member – Entry is committed to the sustainability of its territory and it is interested in the activities and services of the GTI Observatory;
The parties agree and stipulate as follows:
Art. 1 – Recitals
The recitals form an integral and essential part of this agreement.
Art. 2 – Purpose of the Agreement
Greening the Islands grants the Island with the qualification of ” Island Member -Entry ” of the Greening the Island Observatory.
Art. 3 – Obligations of the Parties
- Greening the Islands undertakes to provide the Island Member – Entry with the benefits listed in the attached Greening the Islands Observatory Membership Opportunities.
- The Island Member undertakes to:
a. Reply to a questionnaire to be grouped with other islands with similar needs to join forces in finding solutions and sharing best practices;
b. Actively participate in a number of GTI Observatory webinars, free of charge, on the most suitable circular economy solutions for islands collecting key information to develop and implement sustainable plans;
c. Take part to GTI events open to the Island Membership – Entry category;
d. Share best practices and useful information to develop case studies on circular economy projects for the islands;
e. Promote the GTI Observatory activities through the island communication channels (social media, website, etc.). Advertise the GTI Observatory membership in the island website using the GTI logo;
f. Develop a favourable legislative and policy framework to promote the self-sufficiency and sustainability of its territory;
g. Build a conducive business environment to attract investments for infrastructure development towards greening the islands.
Art. 4 – Validity of the Agreement
This agreement has a validity of three years effective as of the date of signature.
Art. 5 – Financial Aspects
Neither Greening the Islands nor the Island will incur any financial costs deriving from this agreement.
Art. 6 – Contractual Amendments
During the validity of this agreement, no amendments can be made to it, unless they are approved and signed by both parties.
Art. 7 – This agreement is governed by the Italian Law and any disputes concerning the interpretation, validity, fulfilment and execution of this agreement or any other issues concerning this agreement shall be resolved by the Court of Palermo.
Art. 8 – Greening the Islands undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in performing this agreement, including those relating to the collection of personal data. The Member in any case authorize Greening the Islans.net S.r.l. to disclose its name as Island Member Entry of the Greening the Islands Observatory and use its logo in the GTI Observatory communications.
Art. 9 – Neither party shall be liable for failure to perform, nor be deemed to be in default, under this Agreement for any delay or failure in performance resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of performance by the other party, acts of state or governmental authorities, acts of terrorism, natural catastrophe, fire, storm, flood, earthquake, riot, insurrection, pandemic, civil disturbance, sabotage, embargo, blockade, acts of war, or power failure.
Art. 10 – The parties undertake to act professionally and diligently with regard to the obligations arising from this agreement, and in accordance with the principles of good faith and fair cooperation.