Join the GTI Observatory as an
Joining the GTI Observatory as an island member means to be part of a global network of islands committed to become zero-emission, have access to webinars on the most innovative island solutions, misure the level of sustainability of your island and receive feedbacks and recommendations on what policies and projects should implemented in your island to accelerate the sustainable development.
Fee: € 900 – € 3.000 based on n° inhabitants
Access to all the Island Members – Entry benefits, plus:
GTI Observatory Global Index:
Processing and analyzing the data transmitted by the island, will measure its degree of sustainability, assessing not only the CO2 level but also projects already built and in the pipeline.
Score for each individual sector, total score, strengths, weaknesses where to intervene to improve the scores and recommendations.
2 hours’ video-call where to discuss the Island Report with the GTI Senior Specialists.
Promotion as sustainable tourist destination
Island Members will have a profile on the GTI website and will be promoted as a green destination for a tourism oriented to sustainability through all GTI communication channels.
An on-line helpdesk for Q&A complements the on-line training and consultancy sessions.
STEP 1: Read the contract
Hereby with this private agreement, to be used for all legal purposes, between the company Greening the Islands S.r.l. with registered office in Palermo, postal code 90144, Via Giuseppe Sciuti 112, VAT number 09800890965, legally represented by Gianni Chianetta (hereinafter “Greening the Islands”) and “Island Member – Intermediate”
- Greening the Islands is an innovative company that carries out activities of research, scientific studies and analysis, strategy, planning, communication and dissemination of innovative solutions and best practices in the field of the green economy aimed at sustainable development and enhancement of the islands and remote locations;
- Islands are ideal laboratories where testing solutions to face Climate Change as well as new economic and lifestyle models for this and next generations
- In 2015, Greening the Islands set up the Greening the Islands Observatory (hereinafter “GTI Observatory”) to support the self-sufficiency and sustainability of the islands through the identification of island needs and solutions, support the origination and development of projects and plans in a circular economy and integrated sustainability concept, with the involvement and endorsement of all key island stakeholders and with the contribution of the leader solution providers from all over the world.
- The GTI Observatory promotes the cooperation for the self-sufficiency and sustainability of islands of institutions, citizens, business and academia that take part to focus groups operating through on-line meetings and producing reports, workshops, webinars, etc. to address strategies and policies, building capacity through training, originate projects and disseminate best practices.
- The Island Member – Intermediate is committed to the sustainability of its territory and it is interested in the activities and services of the GTI Observatory;
The parties agree and stipulate as follows:
Art. 1 – Recitals
The recitals form an integral and essential part of this agreement.
Art. 2 – Purpose of the Agreement
Greening the Islands grants the Island with the qualification of “Island Member – Intermediate “ of the Greening the Island Observatory.
Art. 3 – Obligations of the Parties
- Greening the Islands undertakes to provide the Island Member – Intermediate with the benefits listed in the attached Greening the Islands Observatory Membership Opportunities.
- The Island Member undertakes to:
a. Reply to a questionnaire to be grouped with other islands with similar needs to join forces in finding solutions and sharing best practices;
b. Actively participate in a number of GTI Observatory webinars, free of charge, on the most suitable circular economy solutions for islands collecting key information to develop and implement sustainable plans;
c. Take part to GTI events open to the Island Membership – Intermediate category;
d. Share best practices and useful information to develop case studies on circular economy projects for the islands;
e. Promote the GTI Observatory activities through the island communication channels (social media, website, etc.). Advertise the GTI Observatory membership in the island website using the GTI logo;
f. Develop a favourable legislative and policy framework to promote the self-sufficiency and sustainability of its territory;
g. Build a conducive business environment to attract investments for infrastructure development towards greening the islands;
h. Transmit its data through the GTI Global Index questionnaire in order to measure its level of sustainability assessing not only the CO2 emissions but also projects already built and in the The data will be elaborated in a final report whose aim is to highlight strengths, weaknesses and identify recommendations and possible projects to improve the scores. Island Report will be discussed in a virtual meeting with the GTI Senior Specialists;
i. Provide information to keep update the profile on the GTI website
Art. 4 – Validity of the Agreement
This agreement has a validity of three years effective as of the date of signature.
Art. 5 – Financial Aspects
The Island Member – Intermediate with a number up to:
- 10.000 inhabitants shall pay Greening the Islands the fee of € 900,00 (nine hundred)
- 50.000 inhabitants shall pay Greening the Islands the fee of € 1.300,00 (one thousand three hundred)
- 200.000 inhabitants shall pay Greening the Islands the fee of € 2.000,00 (two thousand)
- 1.000.000 inhabitants shall pay Greening the Islands the fee of € 3.000,00 (three thousand)
+ 22% VAT (if due) as consideration for the services and rights provided as part of the Observatory’s activities. This amount will be payable upon signature of this agreement. Greening the Islands shall issue regular invoices against said payments, pursuant to current regulations in force.
The above-mentioned amount shall be paid by the Member to Greening The Islands by means of bank transfer to the current account of Greening The Islands Srl at Unicredit Banca – Agenzia 34300 – IBAN: IT 89 I 02008 01600 000104767221 – BIC/SWIFT: UNCRITMMXXX
Art. 6 – Contractual Amendments
During the validity of this agreement, no amendments can be made to it, unless they are approved and signed by both parties.
This agreement is governed by the Italian Law and any disputes concerning the interpretation, validity, fulfilment and execution of this agreement or any other issues concerning this agreement shall be resolved by the Court of Palermo.
Greening the Islands undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in performing this agreement, including those relating to the collection of personal data. The Member in any case authorize Greening the Islans.net S.r.l. to disclose its name as Island Member Intermediate of the Greening the Islands Observatory and use its logo in the GTI Observatory communications.
The parties undertake to act professionally and diligently with regard to the obligations arising from this agreement, and in accordance with the principles of good faith and fair cooperation.
STEP 2: Pay your fee
Your fee depending on the number of inhabitants: please read the contract (article n.5) and check if you have to pay +22% VAT before proceeding.
The amount shall be paid by the Member to Greening The Islands by means of bank transfer to the current account of Greening The Islands Srl at Unicredit Banca – Agenzia 34300 – IBAN: IT 89 I 02008 01600 000104767221 – BIC/SWIFT: UNCRITMMXXX
Purpose of the payment:
Island name_membership intermediate_up to n° inhabitants
Remember to save a pdf copy of your bank transfer: you will need it in the next step.