The Greening the Islands Academy replies to the following questions:
Greening the Islands Academy
What does it mean transitioning an island towards a green economy?
How can be approached?
Which are the major challenges to overcome?
Which is the best path towards implementation?
What are the benefits for the islands?
What does it mean to become a green destination?
Greening islands is about more than just deploying specific sectorial technologies; success depends on achieving cultural change and making progress on a set of interconnected, interdependent actions. GTI Academy operates through webinars and seminars.
The Greening the Islands Academy support local governments, utilities, companies and other key island stakeholders in grasping the complexity and interdependency of any action aimed at implementing national and international directives related to the green transition of islands.
The Academy provide you with invaluable information about the benefits for islands, local populations and entrepreneurs, and how an island can be repositioned as a green destination attracting “better quality” tourists.
Target: leaders of island governments and institutions, including senior technical staff, as well as utilities and company managers.
Topics transversal to all sectors
- A holistic view of the transition to a circular economy: factors making it a must for any island
- How to reposition an island as a green destination: opportunities of an eco-tourism economy
- A Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan for an island municipality (PAESC) – the EU model
- Sustainable islands in a legislative, regulatory and authorization context – best practices
- Awareness and communication among island stakeholders: the key role of the community